Forum de l'Amérique française
Vous souhaitez réagir à ce message ? Créez un compte en quelques clics ou connectez-vous pour continuer.

Un portail des communautés francophones d'Amérique

AccueilPortailDernières imagesS'enregistrerConnexion
Le deal à ne pas rater :
Manga Chainsaw Man : où acheter le Tome 17 édition Collector de ...
19.99 €
Voir le deal

À nos amis Québécois

2 participants
AuteurMessage
Sénateur
Prince de l'Acadie
Prince de l'Acadie
Sénateur

Masculin Nombre de messages : 4141

À nos amis Québécois Empty
MessageSujet: À nos amis Québécois   À nos amis Québécois EmptyVen 15 Oct 2010, 08:30

Avec tout ce Quebec bashing qui s'est déroulé dernièrement, c'est avec un grand plaisir que je vous refile cette lettre d'opinion parue dans le Telegraph Journal et qui laisse espérer que parfois dans la majorité silencieuse se cache des surprises agréables. thumright

La lettre est en anglais mais l'amitié qui s'en dégage est en langue internationale Cool

Citation :
My Canada includes Quebec

The paper selects letters to represent a spectrum of views, and so it prints letters of people like me and also like Mr. Joe Callaghan, with whom I strongly differ in respect to his enmity toward Quebec.

I have no French ancestors in the last several generations, and my Dad's old home community in Restigouche county is now mostly populated by French-speaking people. But I love Quebec and our Acadian fellow countrymen for many reasons.

Quebec has done more to bring about electoral reform in this country than anyone - and that applies in particular to our separatist friends, who want to see the views of ordinary people count for more. They started us down the road to public financing of political parties, which Prime Minister Chrétien brought to Ottawa.

It costs taxpayers about the same federally as the tax deductions given to the prosperous people who make donations to political parties. But with public financing, everyone's vote counts the same, and it remains the only way that there is any recognition whatsoever given to that majority of ballots, which are cast in most every election for losing candidates.

Quebec leads the country in child care, in accessibility to higher education and in love of nature 12 months a year, showing us how to celebrate Canadian winters. Quebec resists, more than anyone, the huge costs and waste of life in fruitless foreign military entanglements. Quebec is beautiful in countless ways, and shall always be a friend.

NEIL MACLEAN

Saint John
Revenir en haut Aller en bas
AF
Prince
Prince
AF

Féminin Nombre de messages : 3408

À nos amis Québécois Empty
MessageSujet: "My America includes Québec"   À nos amis Québécois EmptyVen 15 Oct 2010, 20:28

Merci, Sénateur et, surtout, merci Monsieur Maclean. Smile

J'aurais aussi mit ceci en gras: «Quebec is beautiful in countless ways, and shall always be a friend».

AF sunny

Revenir en haut Aller en bas

À nos amis Québécois
Page 1 sur 1